Filtron Cold Brew

I did a ton of research - read everything I could - on those who have tried cold brew at home.  And it came down to the Filtron being the dripper of choice.  So I ordered it and made my first batch.  I see exactly what they meant.  This beats my old way of scooping water to drain through cheesecloth - the cheesecloth often fell in and the grounds were my nemesis.  No falling in here - all you do is put the filters and plug in, add your grounds and let it steep in water for 24 hours.  When you are ready to let the water out, you pull the plug and watch it drip through the small hole into your lovely jar.  The best part?  A pound of coffee can even make two rounds of cold brew!  I just let it drip through and then put the plug back in and added another bowl of water and let it steep yet again.


This is smooth, strong cold brew concentrate at it's best.  I'd say the research was correct!



And, I was secretly pleased to find out that one of my favorite coffee spots, Stumptown Roasters, uses the Filtron to make their cold brew concentrate.  I didn't think I could go wrong!

Comments

Popular Posts