Blue Bottle Coffee Club

My dear husband signed me up for the Blue Bottle Coffee Club for my birthday this year!  What a treat!  Fresh-roasted coffee appears at my home every other week!  He chose preferences he thought we’d like and then they send us coffee.  What is not to love???
So far, I’ve had 2 kinds sent and I thought it would be fun to review them.  

Playlist is their mix of two coffees - and is described as “flecks of brightness that fade into fruit.”  It has notes of Hazelnut, orange peel, and brown sugar.  This was an odd one for me - I LOVE all things Hazelnut and hoped I’d love it but I think the orange peel made it almost too acidic for me.  I couldn’t place it, but when I finished - it seemed those final notes of my sips were just too citrusy for my taste in coffee.  It was smooth - but I just didn’t care for the ending notes as I drank each sip.


Today we opened Bella Donovan.  This one is made of Ethiopian or Sumatran coffees - they rotate seasonally.  And I agree with the directions that it is best prepared as a pour over!  Talk about WOW! We make pour overs every morning and this was a stunner run through the pour over process.  They describe it as “warm, comforting, and familiar...a coffee to curl up with.”  I would agree - the notes of red berries, milk chocolate, and caramel made this cup of coffee a total winner in my book.  It wasn’t harsh, just smooth and comforting.  Definitely my favorite so far!

*****I’m excited to share Blue Bottle Coffee with you. Blue Bottle is an Oakland-based coffee company that only sells the freshest, most sustainable, and delicious beans produced by dedicated coffee farmers around the world.
When you place your first order, we’ll each receive a $10 credit to spend on coffee, brewing tools, or gifts.
Copy and paste this link into your browser to shop and redeem your credit: https://bluebottlecoffee.com/u/270626cc?utm_source=refer_em

Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts