Rapid City, South Dakota and Pure Bean Roasters

On our trip out west, I used Mental Floss' list of best coffee roasters in the U. S. and we made a stop in Rapid City, South Dakota at Pure Bean Roasters.


The inside was magnificent - cozy and yet open with a whole wall of windows to see outdoors.  The staff was SO helpful - not only about coffee but also encouraging us not to miss certain sites on our way out west.  We asked about their specialty drinks and ended up with the Cardigan.  This drink was AMAZING!  It is mixed with Cardamom, Vanilla, and topped with Black Sea Salt.  I can't even tell you how wonderful it was.  What an amazing mix of flavors.


Their claim to fame is that their beans are roasted on a bed of air.  It helps ensure consistency as they roast.  These are good, strong coffee beans - with very low acidity.  I purchased beans to bring home and I am SO glad I did.  BUT you can order online as well so as not to miss out on this coffee shop!

Comments

Popular Posts