Signum Coffee - Guatemala Roast

 

One of our own locals here where I live, Jonathan Haverdink, has created a coffee roasting company called Signum Coffee.  I love the story behind the name.

What's a signum?

signum

n. \ˈsig ·​ nəm\ pl. signa

  1. something that marks, identifies, or represents; a sign or symbol

  2. a seal of approval or proof of authenticity

 

A signum is a seal of approval that you put on something that you are proud of, like an artist's signature on a masterpiece. Signum Coffee is named thus because I take pride in the quality of each bag of coffee. Therefore each bag bears my signum.



And indeed, on the back of the bag is this fabulous wax signum.

The bag we tried first was Guatemalan Roast.  He lists the flavor notes as:
Light Roast - lemon, caramel
Medium Roast - toffee, citrus
Dark Roast - grapefruit, cocoa


This was an amazing roast - full bodied, but yet smooth and full of flavor.  We did grind right before use and, as he suggested, it was a perfect cup.  I would highly recommend this roasting company.  His prices are great and his coffee is full bodied and wonderful!  I can’t wait to try another roast!



Comments

Popular Posts